Sunday, February 17, 2008

I have decided that I want to keep a daily gratitude journal to recognize, reflect and remember all of the great blessings that God gives to me on a daily basis. When I sit back and think about where I am in my life and the direction I am headed, I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father and the Savior for their direction, influence and patience with me and growth in my life. I am grateful that God loves me enough to step back, allow me to make choices and to step in when I ask Him to. I feel like I am asking ALL of the time but I don't think that is a bad thing.

Our family has experienced some pretty amazing miracles all from the power of faith and trusting in God. I am writing this in Salt Lake and two months ago I wasn't sure how it was going to happen but I knew that Shon would be led to a wonderful job in UT that would allow us to move back and be near our family. Well, it has happened and everything is totally falling into place. I love that feeling, I am grateful for it. I love seeing the power of God be part of my life. It is a pretty humbling and amazing feeling.

Recently I have gone to my Father in Heaven and expressed my desire to sell our home in Colorado Springs by Feb 17th. I told Him that I believed it was possible to sell it by this date. Today is Feb 17th and we unfortunately haven't received an offer. I began to wonder about things. Then I had the feeling come into my heart that my timetable is not in line with the Lords and that in due time the right family, in the right situation will come along. Again...everything will just fall into place. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for bringing to my family that which is for our greatest and highest good. I am grateful that He is all knowing and knows when, and who will be best for our home. I have absolute faith that as long as I align my will with Gods that we will sell our home and receive the very best offer possible. This experience has strengthened my faith and knowledge that we can expect God to bless us if we go to Him in prayer with absolute faith and know that He knows best and will bring what is best to us.

I am amazed at how much faith Shon has. I am grateful for his faith because it helps strengthen mine. I feel like I have so much more to learn then he does in this regard. I am grateful for my relationship with him and that we are partners working together to provide the very best for each other and our children. When I sit back and think of all the great miracles that are happening in my life, I can't help but say to my children..."it is such a wonderful time to be alive." It is wonderful to see the hand of the Lord in our lives. I have such gratitude to him for his patience and love and willingness to let me grow. It is a wonderful adventure.

No comments: