Wednesday, February 6, 2008

President Hinckley







I have been thinking so much over the past week about President Hinckley's death. I was talking to my mother in-law over the phone on Jan 27th when she told me that she saw on TV that President Hinckley had passed away. I was of course at first shocked. I couldn't believe it, but then I couldn't help but feel so happy for him. Happy for the life that he lived, the many amazing accomplishements that he had, the marriage he has with his wife and that they are now reunited together on the other side of the veil. I remember when President Kimball died. I was young and remember hearing my parents share with us that he had passed away. This was a bit of a different experience for me because I have really grown to love President Hinckley so much. I feel so connected to him. He was an amazing man with a wonderful spirit. I could feel his love for me. I just love him so much and am grateful for the example and leader that he was for the church. I have such a tender place in my heart for him. He was the Lord's mouth piece here on earth. I know that with all of my heart. When I saw President Monson later this week receive the call to be the new prophet I felt the Spirit witness to me that this is the Lord's will and is right. I prayed that I would receive this confirmation and when I watched the news conference I felt the spirit. I am so grateful for that confirmation and witness. We don't have to go throguh this life blind but we can know what the Lord's will is for us and for his church. I am grateful for this knowledge! I love you President Hinckley and I am trying to be a little better, just as you taught!!

No comments: