Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sad Day

Today I received word that my good friend Sandy had passed away. She informed me earlier this year that she had terminal liver cancer. I visited her about a month ago and knew that it was probably the last time I would see her before she passed. Last night I was talking with my good friend Marni and told her that Sandy probably would pass soon. Then today I received a phone call from her sister that she had passed last night. My heart is heavy tonight. I am grateful that she is no longer in pain and that she can now continue to progress in spirit. Sandy was such a wonderful friend. I am a much better person for knowing her. I know she is aware of how much I love her. I will miss her.

3 comments:

Carol said...

So sorry that your dear friend has passed away.
I hope that the memories of the happy times you spent together and the fact that she was such an inspiration to you, will help you through this upsetting time.
Bless you.
Carol x

Marni Bown said...

You are such a good friend Emily, to everyone! It was weird that you were worried she would pass soon and she did that night. I am glad we sent her that note. Thanks for being in charge of that.

{Brooke} said...

Hey there! I'm going private. Leave your email on my blog :0)